I’m very excited about two upcoming presentations that I will present regarding employment laws.
California Society of CPAs
At this upcoming presentation on October 7, 2016, I will discuss: “That’s Not My Employee! Why the California Courts and Government Agencies May Disagree” to the CalCPA at Sunrise Bistro in Walnut Creek. We will cover:
- Independent contractor versus employee: It’s not just your client’s problem anymore
- Minimum wage and overtime requirements: How to pay correctly
- Update on recent changes in California employment law
Register here. The presentation is perfect for CPAs with small practices and CPAs that advise small to mid-sized employers.
Aging Life Care Association
At this upcoming presentation on October 21, 2016, I will discuss: “Hiring and Working with Caregivers: Risks, Liabilities and Solutions” at the Aging Life Care Association’s Western Region Chapter Conference in Monterey. We will cover how to:
- Identify the most common employment risks care recipients, families and those in the circle of care face when hiring and employing caregivers.
- Identify ways to minimize the risk that a caregiver could claim you are the employer.
- Be able to educate your clients regarding the various risks and alternatives when hiring a caregiver.
- Have alternative methods for reducing the cost of in-home care without increasing liability.
The WRC-ALCA presentation is primarily geared toward care managers and others assisting the elderly and disabled adults in the home. Register here.
I hope to see you at these upcoming presentations. A cornerstone of my practice is educating employers, HR professionals, fiduciaries, employees, and others regarding their rights and responsibilities in the workplace. Knowledge is power, so come get powered up!
Original article by Robert E. Nuddleman of Nuddleman Law Firm, P.C.
Feel free to suggest topics for the blog. We are happy to consider topics pertaining to general points of Labor and Employment Law. We cannot answer questions about specific situations or provide legal advice over the Internet. If you desire legal advice, you should contact an attorney.
Your use of this blog does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Nuddleman Law Firm, P.C. The use of the Internet or this blog for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Do not post confidential or time-sensitive information in this blog. The Nuddleman Law Firm, P.C. cannot guarantee the confidentiality of anything posted to this blog.
The Nuddleman Law Firm, P.C. represents employees and businesses throughout Silicon Valley and the greater San Francisco Bay Area including Pleasanton, Oakland, San Ramon, Hayward, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Los Altos, San Jose, the South Bay Area, Campbell, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Sunnyvale, Santa Cruz, Saratoga, and Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Benito, Mendocino, and Calaveras counties.